By using Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group's Data Network, Internet and related email systems, you understand and agree that:
- The systems are to be used for appropriate business purposes only
- These systems should never be used to send electronic communication that can be construed as inappropriate, unlawful or unprofessional. This includes, but is not limited to, communication that:
- Contain messages with sexual or obscene content
- Contain advertisements, solicitations or other commercial messages not directly related to Company business
- Contain chain letters or other "pyramid schemes" of any type
- Contain offensive or harassing content whether through language, images or other attachments, frequency or size of messages
- These systems should never be used to disseminate or use material from third parties in such a way that it violates their ownership rights
- By nature of the public Internet, you should have no expectation of privacy
- Your activities can be monitored by Carlson Hotels for the purpose of enforcing this Acceptable Use Policy. You understand that Carlson Hotels may disclose your activities to others. Depending on the nature of those activities, Carlson Hotels may alert third parties, including but not limited to, your employer, your internet service provider and law enforcement.
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group Privacy Promises. Carlson Rezior Hotel Group takes your privacy seriously. These are our ten promises to you:
- Notice. When we collect your personal information, we will give you timely and appropriate notice describing what personal information we are collecting, how we will use it, and the types of third parties with whom we may share it.
- Choice. When applicable, we will give you choices about the ways we use and share your personal information, and we will respect the choices you make.
- Relevance. We will collect only as much personal information as we need for specific, identified purposes, and we will not use it for other purposes without obtaining your consent.
- Retention. We will keep your personal information only as long as we need it for the purposes for which we collected it, according to our data retention practices or as permitted by law.
- Accuracy. We will take appropriate steps to make sure the personal information in our records is accurate. The accuracy of the information we have is sometimes dependent on the accuracy of the information that you or a third party provides us.
- Access. When applicable, we will provide ways for you to access your personal information as required by law, so you can correct inaccuracies.
- Security. We will take appropriate physical, technical, and administrative measures to protect your personal information from loss and unauthorized use, access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
- Sharing. We will only share your personal information with third parties to the extent necessary to fulfill the services that the personal information was collected for.
- International Transfer. If we transfer your personal information to another country, we will take appropriate measures to protect your privacy and the personal information we transfer in accordance with the applicable law.
- Enforcement. We annually review our privacy and security policies and standards and take steps to improve or update processes, as needed.
What this Policy Covers.
Our site may include links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from those of Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group. In some cases, when linking to another site you may still see our branding even though you are actually reviewing content provided by a third party. If you submit personal information while on those sites, your information is subject to their privacy policies and you should review those policies.
Your Consent to This Policy.
This Policy is part of the terms and conditions that govern your use of this site. By using this website, you are agreeing to the terms of this Policy.
Personal information we collect about you.
We do not collect any personal information about you, other than your user ID and password. If you choose not to log into our site, we do not collect any personal information about you.
Web technologies we use to collect information about you
When you visit one of our website, we may use the following web technologies to collect the following types of information:
- We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser when you access our websites. This information typically includes the IP address of your Internet service provider and the type of operating system and browser installed on your computer.
- A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer's hard disk by a web server. We use "session cookies" to assign a randomly-generated unique identification number to your computer each time you visit one of our web sites. A session cookie expires after you close your browser. We use session cookies to support the functionality of our websites - which pages they visit, which links they use, and how long they stay on each page. We may also use "persistent cookies." These cookies do not expire when you close your browser, but stay on your computer until they expire or you delete them. Each time you visit our site, our web server will recognize the cookie on your computer's hard drive. By assigning your computer a persistent, unique identifier, we are able to create a database of your previous choices and preferences. In situations where these choices or preferences need to be collected again, they can be provided by us automatically saving you time and effort. Assigning your computer a persistent, unique identifier also helps us keep a more accurate account of how many people visit our site, how often they return, how their use of our site may vary over time, and the effectiveness of our promotional efforts. If you access this site through an e-mail we have sent you or you've created a "user identity" during one of your visits, the information provided by our or our third party service provider cookies may be linked to information in our records that identifies you personally.
- The pages on this site may contain electronic images know as "web beacons" - sometimes called "single-pixel gifs" or "clear gifs." We use these web beacons to learn more about the ways visitors use our websites and to measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. We may also include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. We may link information obtained using any web beacons to other information that identifies you personally.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you believe your child has provided personal information to us, please contact us so that we can identify and delete your child's personal information.
Use of your personal information.
We use your personal information:
- to provide the information, programs, products and service you request,
- for security and fraud prevention purposes, and
- to improve our programs, services and websites.
Sharing of your information with others.
We do not share your personal information with any third parties.
Protection of your personal information.
We implement appropriate physical, technical and organizational security for the management and transmission of personal data, including appropriate security measures to protect such data from accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access and all other unlawful forms of processing.
Transfer of your personal information outside this country.
Our website and databases currently reside on servers in the United States but we may at times use supplemental facilities located outside of these countries. Different countries have different data protection laws, some of which provide more protection than others. If and when we transfer your personal information from one country to another country, we take appropriate measures to protect your privacy and personal information. By using our website, or participating in this program, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information to any country in the world in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
Modifications to this Policy.
This Policy may be supplemented or amended by privacy notices provided at the time we collect specific personal information. In addition, we reserve the right, at our discretion, to make changes to this Policy at any time. If we make changes to this Policy, we will replace this Policy with the new Policy and change the "effective" date at the top of this Policy for at least 30 days after the new effective date so that you will know what has changed.
By continuing to use our website or participate in this program following such notice, you are agreeing to any changes to this Policy.
How to contact us with questions or concerns about our privacy practices.
You may contact us by writing us at:
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
11340 Blondo Street
Omaha, NE 68164
By phone: +1 (800) 333-5600 / outside of the U.S. and Canada, call +1 (763) 212-5850
By fax: +1 (402) 498-8208
We will respond within 30 days and, in any event, within the time period established under applicable laws.